Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is a budget Android Phone and boasts quite the specs but like every thing in the world it needs some improvement.Android being an Open Source Platform gives programmers the ability to play with the codes and thus making it much better and secure than before and in the same way Rooting increased the ability of your Android Phone by increasing its performance and giving you administrator access to the Android Kernel.
Today we will be seeing the tutorial on How To Root Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 and this tutorial is safe and fully tested but Rooting has advantages as well as disadvantages and that’s why you need to be cautious during the rooting process.Rooting Galaxy S2 will take some time so you need to be patient during the Galaxy S2 rooting process or you can end up bricking your device.
After you root Galaxy S2 you can un-install unwanted bloatware from your device you can also install Custom Os on your Galaxy S2 also known as Custom ROM.Rooting opens gates of endless possibilities for an Android phone thus making it better and more useful and that’s why you need to learn how to root Samsung Galaxy S2.
Safety Measures To Follow Before Rooting S2:-
- Charge your Galaxy S2 to a minimum of 80%.
- Backup your Contacts and internal as well as external SD card data.
- Enable usb debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Rooting voids warranty so think before starting the rooting process.
Required Files To Root Samsung Galaxy S2:-
Now Install CWM Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100:-
1) First Enable Usb Debugging and download all the required files listed above.
2) Now boot your phone into download mode by pressing and holding the volume down and home button and then the power button for few seconds.Now press the volume up button and boot into download mode.
3) Now extract the Odin you extracted earlier and double-click on Odin file to run it.
4) Now connect your Galaxy S2 to your computer using the original Usb Cable while your phone is in download mode.Once Odin detects your phone its ID:COM port will turn to yellow.
5) Now see if Auto Reboot and F.Reset time are checked in Odin and then click on PDA button and select the Jeebo Kernel file
6) Now hit the start button on Odin and it will start the installation process after the process your Galaxy S2 will reboot automatically.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100:-
1) Download SuperSu From Chainfire and then copy it to SD Card of your phone.
2) Now switch off your device and boot into CWM recovery mode by pressing the volume up and home button and then pressing the power button for few seconds.Now release the power button once the Samsung logo blinks twice but keep pressing the other two buttons until a black screen with blue text appears.
3) Now using the volume keys navigate down to “install from sd card” option and then select it using the power button and then navigate to the SuperSu file and select it using the power button.
4) Now confirm the installation by selecting “yes” and once the installation is completed return to the recovery menu and select to reboot.
Now you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with CWM recovery using this how to root Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 tutorial.Now navigate in the app list and you will find an Super Su app and finding it confirms that your device has been rooted or you can check it using the root checker app.
If you are facing while rooting your Galaxy S2 feel free to ask in comments and we will be there to help you in any way possible and keep visiting WeRootAndroid for rooting tutorials.