Google Nexus is a line of electronic devices that runs Android operating system and is one of the best product lines by Google and today we are going to see how to update Nexus 7 To Android 7.0 Nougat manually.Android 7.0 Nougat is still not available for all the Android devices available there and that is why people are looking for alternate methods to update their Android devices to Android 7.0 Nougat.
Android devices can receive Android 7.0 Nougat through OTA but if your smartphone company is not ready to schedule the updates for your device then you can use the alternate methods like using Custom ROM to update your Nexus 7 to Android 7.0 Nougat.
Google has not yet released any news on Nexus 7 receiving Nougat update for the next few months so if you want to update Nexus 7 to Android 7.0 Nougat you can use this Custom ROM developed by AICP developers to upgrade to the most recent version of Android.
Before starting this tutorial you need to know that you need to root your Nexus 7 in order to update it to the latest Android version available.You can learn how to root Nexus 7 using our rooting article and we will also be coming with articles on how to update Nexus 4 to Android 7.0 Nougat and other Nexus devices as well.
Safety Measures To Follow Before Proceeding
- Charge your device to a minimum of 80% so that the battery doesn’t die in between.
- Rooting and installing this Custom ROM voids your warranty.
- Backup all your data from your internal storage as well as SD card.
- Dont’t forget to install Nexus 7 drivers in your Pc.
- Download The ROM
How To Update Nexus 7 To Android 7.0 Nougat Manually
- First Download AICP software in your Pc.
- Now connect your device to your computer using USB.
- Download the Custom ROM and move it to your Nexus 7.
- Now disconnect your device from your computer.
- Then reboot your device and press power+Volume Up+Volume Down keys together to boot into bootloader mode.
- Go to recovery menu and perform factory reset and then wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- Then Install AICP and confirm and once the Custom ROM is installed install GApps using the same method.
Now reboot your device once again and your device will have Android 7.0 Nougat.So now you know how to update Nexus 7 to Android Nougat and if you have any questions feel free to ask in comments and we will be there to help you in any way we can.Thanks!