OnePlus One a startup company in china really left its footprint in India after launching its two flagship devices OnePlus one and recently launched OnePlus two and the numbers coming in really indicated how popular these smartphones are in the market and now OnePlus One users are in for some exciting news as they can now update their device to Android 6.0 Marshmallow and in this article we are going to guide you through the process of how to update OnePlus One to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Very few devices in the market have been able to get their hands on Android 6.0 Marshmallow update and your OnePlus One is one of them and to update OnePlus One to Android 6.0 Marshmallow we are going to use the AOSP ROM,although this is an experimental build based on CM12.1 it is one of the most stable ROM available there.
Updating OnePlus One To Android 6.0 Marshmallow needs one of the TWRP or CWM recovery to be pre-installed on the device and you do that from following the steps here.One you install one of these recovery you will be ready for the process of updating your OnePlus to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.To update it you need to follow the safety procedures and then there are few steps to be followed.
Pre-Requisites To Follow Before Proceeding:-
- Charge your device to a minimum of 80% so that your device doesn’t run out of battery while updating.
- Backup your phone’s data,its contacts,media,documents before starting the process.
- This method is for OnePlus only this proceed only after verifying if your device is an OnePlus or not.
- Download OnePlus One Drivers and make sure they are properly installed.
- Make sure your One Plus One is rooted with CWM recovery with bootloader On.
- Enable Usb Debugging On your OnePlus One before starting the update process.
Steps To Update OnePlus One To Android 6.0 Android Marshmallow:-
- To Update your OnePlus One first download the AOSP ROM and save it on your desktop.
- Now connect your OnePlus One to your computer with the official Usb Cable and enable the mass storage.
- Now move the AOSP ROM to your OnePlus One Root Folder in SD Card.
- Now switch off your device,disconnect it and boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume Up button and power button together.
- Once it enters TWRP recovery perform a full data wipe and then select swipe to factory reset option.
- Now return to the main menu and choose the AOSP zip file and select to install it.
- Now the installation process will begin and once the ROM installation begins select Dalvik Button/Wipe Cache option to prevent loop issues.
- Now select reboot system button and the first boot will take near 5-7 minutes and as soon as boot ends your device will be running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
So now you know how to update OnePlus One to Android 6.0 Marshmallow and if you are having any problems installing or downloading files free to ask and we will coming with more Rooting and Custom ROM articles and tutorials on We Root Android.